Carson is 2 months old today, and we have lots to report. He is now 13 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long! He is wearing all of his 3-month clothes, which are some of the cutest he's received, so his mommy's happy to have lots of wardrobe options these days. Overalls are one of my favorites, which is why I have included yet another "broke neck" photo of him below.
I wish so badly that he were old enough to enjoy the pool water this summer, but for now I just hold him naked and get his little bum and feet wet for a few minutes. He thinks it's all right, but isn't a big fan yet. All in good time! :-)
What we have really been working hard on is getting his sleep schedule under control. He is a GREAT sleeper at night (sleeps through the night already... 8 hours!), so I can't complain too much, but he really fights taking naps during the day. The last two days I have made more of a conscious effort to put him down regularly, 3 times a day, and even if it's only 30 minutes sometimes, I guess it's progress. Otherwise, I have a VERY fussy boy, as many of you probably know from experience. Any fellow mom advice in the way of naps would be greatly appreciated, as I'm still figuring it all out!

2 comments:
Steph he is beautiful! Seriously, such a doll. I can tell you just adore him. So happy for you guys.
My Isaiah was a horrible napper at that stage of the game. He would take up to 6 naps a day of about 20 to 30 minute naps. I tried a lot of different things but nothing worked better than holding him or putting him in bed with me for a nap. I didn't do that a lot but when I did he'd sleep for two hours. Just be glad he's a good night sleeper! I know you are! :)
Hang in there with the naps. In my (very limited) experience, it seems like they don't really settle in to a predictable nap schedule until about 4 months. Here are two books that were really helpful for me, though: The Happiest Baby on the Block (Karp) and Healty Sleep Habits, Happy Child (can't remember the author).
He's a cutie! And you look great!
Post a Comment