Lilypie

Sunday, July 19, 2009

So Little Time...

I now understand what all you moms mean when you say you can never get anything done with little ones to care for! Honestly, I thought that was an exaggeration, but it is TOUGH! And Carson doesn't even move around yet!

Okay, so this is my thought process when I get a sliver of free time... Oooh! He's asleep! I can finally eat a meal! I make my breakfast/lunch, begin to eat it. Before I even get to finish it, he's awake! grrr. On to the next feeding, burpring, changing. Now he's happy and will lay down and play for a while. Another moment! I think I'll take a shower. Better hurry. I only have about 20 minutes! Before I know it, it's 5:00 and I've accomplished nothing all day! Make dinner, take shifts eating, put him to bed, and hope for a good night's sleep! Phew!

Don't get me wrong... I love being a mom, but it's just busier than I thought possible at this phase of the game. So sorry for the delay in between posts! Here are some recent pictures:


3 comments:

Frankie, Michaela, Goy and Marion said...

He's great!!! And I totally know what you mean. Don't worry, it gets better soon. Except for the eating in shifts part... still working on that one. :)

Momma said...

It does get easier as you slip into the chaotic schedule and things begin to feel perfectly normal. Mommyhood is such an amazing blessing! To tell you the truth, I have no idea when the last time was that I took a shower without listening closely for someone to call for me.

Funco Preschool said...

Ahhh Steph, welcome to motherhood. And people think you exaggerate when you say you don't even have time to shower. Just wait till you have 2...you're hoping they don't kill eachother while you are in the shower!! Great times. :)