Well, I got my wish. I went into labor the night of my due date at around 8:00 p.m., and Carson Alexander Leslie was born at 4:40 p.m. the next day, June 1st. My labor had a very slow start, so against my wishes my doctor hooked me up to Pitosin and broke my water, which really got things going. Luckily, I was able to still have him without drugs or an epidural, which was my ultimate goal, and it's a good thing I stuck with it because she told me after 3 hours, 40 minutes of pushing (PHEW!), I would have never gotten him out if I couldn't feel what I was doing. (He has a huge head, weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs, 3 oz.!) I was about 2 minutes away from having a C-section, so I am grateful I was able to find it deep inside to get the job done. I discovered I had muscles I never realized I had (because now they're sore...hehe). But it all was worth it, and we're so excited to have him in our lives. It's like he was always here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
he is beautiful! I'm so glad you got to labor and deliver the way you wanted! Enjoy him!
He's precious. I'm so happy for you that you were able to get him out. Can't wait to hear the details. You look fabulous in those pictures (much better than I did). LOL.
Love you all.
Congratulations! You are so blessed. Now the fun will start.
Mandy Hoggard
Post a Comment