Lilypie

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Camp Time


Camp time is always our favorite time of the summer! Many people think we're nuts for wanting to spend our vacations volunteering at a place where it's 90 degrees most days and so dusty your boogers turn black by the end of the week, but you just don't know what you're missing until you go. We were bummed we couldn't go this year because of work, and it looks like we'll probably be on a hiatus for a while to raise a family. We can't wait to get back, though! We really missed out!

Heather & I are pretty much inseparable at camp. We usually plan the senior banquet together, and this pic is from last year, which was Pirates of the Caribbean theme.



"Isaiah's Perch" is quite a challenge. I refused to do it until last year because I was terrified, but I finally did it. Just imagine a one-foot-diameter telephone pole that wobbles and is 30 feet high! Then try to stand on it with nothing to hold onto around you. Yikes! An accomplishment, though, once you do it!

You can't beat the mountain-view sunsets!

No comments: