Lilypie

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Bump Update

This picture is a little deceiving since it's from slightly farther away than the last one, but I can testify that I have grown quite a bit in the last two weeks again. Maybe not as dramatic of a change as last time, but I'm definitely continuing to grow daily.

Carson's movements and kicks are becoming a lot more distinctive. They feel like real body parts rolling around in there and pushing outward rather than just little heartbeat-type thumps. It's pretty cool. He's definitely causing me to eat more these days, I think, so I'm hoping he's packing on the weight for some cute baby pudge. According to the averages, he should be about 2 pounds by now, but I feel like he weighs a ton sometimes. It's getting harder to be on my feet for long periods of time. I always thought a lot of this pregnancy thing was mind over matter, but I can't imagine how much more difficult it's going to get to function over the next three months. It's certainly worth it, and I can't complain much since I've had a great pregnancy, but I can see the third-trimester difficulties beginning already.

On a more positive note, I am thoroughly enjoying planning out the decor for the nursery. I am blessed to have a good friend, Susan Allen, helping me with Carson's room. She's an awesome artist, and she's going to paint a mural for me. I can't wait! Carson's going to be so spoiled, and he doesn't even know it yet. Can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Marrs Family said...

it looks like baby Carson is baking nicely. :)